Welding Inspector Level 1 - FULL
- Dates: September 18 to September 29
- Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
This classroom course is designed for Welding Inspectors who want to increase their knowledge of metallurgy, inspection and testing techniques. This is your first step to advancing your career and increasing your earning potential. This course is 63 hours in length.
For certification requirements please review the CSA W178.2 certfication service.
THE COURSE INCLUDES:
- World-class teaching and knowledge from our CWB instructors
- An opportunity to network with other welding professionals
- Upon successful completion of the course the participant will receive a Certificate and an Examination Transcript (70% passing grade is required)
Successful completion of the course and examinations will exempt you from writing the closed book CSA W178.2 certification examination on the fundamental principles and practices of welding, quality control, and welding inspection. (Please note that all certification examinations must be completed within 1 year of application). The opportunity to write the CSA W178.2 certification examinations is available during Day 10 of the course. Application forms 450 and 455 must be submitted to the CWB prior to the course start date in order to be eligible to write the certification examinations.
THE FOLLOWING TOPICS WILL BE COVERED:
- Health & Safety
- Drawing Interpretation, Joint Design, Metal Preparation and Symbols for Welding
- Introduction to Welding Processes
- Basic Metallurgy and Material Specifications
- Basic Inspection
- Codes and Standards
- Functions of the Inspector
- Techniques of Visual Inspection
- Practical Inspection of Welded Specimens
The products listed below are included when taking this course: Acorn Welding Inspector Level 1 Exam Prep Book (included in the course price)
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED INCLUDED IN COURSE FEE:
The products listed below are required for this course.
- Acorn Welding Inspector Level 1 Practical Tools Booklet (value $200.00)
- Acorn Welding Inspector Level 1 Textbook (value $620.00)
Licensing Information: This product will be licensed to the attendee above, for their exclusive use only - the rights it grants are non-transferable. Students must have their licensed copy of this product on hand if they are attending a CWB Group classroom course. Purchase of this product grants the licensee the right to sit any associated non-certification exams (see course outline for exam covered).
- Acorn Welding Inspector Level 1 Tool Kit (value $200.00)
Please note, this course includes catered lunch. Please notify us if you have any food allergies and we will accommodate. Thank you.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-265-5005.
8:30am - 4:30pm September 29, 2017
6:00pm - 9:00pm December 05, 2017
8:30am - 4:00pm September 27, 2017