Lloyd’s Register ISM Internal Auditor (Vancouver)
- Dates: December 13 to December 14
- Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Developing a practical approach and understanding of the interpretation and application of the ISM Code, and the management processes involved. This two-day course, which is a combined ISM familiarisation and internal audit course, will help you develop a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
Who will benefit:
This course is comprehensive and fully self-contained. No knowledge of management systems, the ISM Code or auditing is assumed or necessary. This course is equally suitable for those who have, or may have in the future, duties involving matters of safety and pollution prevention and who want to develop a good grasp of how management systems can achieve these goals. The course will provide the knowledge from which an auditor can gain useful practical audit experience.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussions, case studies with individual and syndicate exercises, you will learn about and understand:
• the content of the ISM Code and its interpretation
• the principles and practice of auditing
• management systems and the risk management principles that underpin the ISM Code
Your company will benefit from having a team member who will be able to play an important part in ensuring the effectiveness and continual improvement of its management system.
The course will cover the following modules:
• the background, objectives and impact of the ISM Code
• the content of the ISM Code
• the principles of the ISM Code as a management system model
• the basics of safety management and risk in shipping
• continual improvement in a management system.
In addition you will gain knowledge of the key principles and current practices used in internal auditing including:
• the role and responsibilities of the internal auditor
• planning and preparation of the audit
• audit techniques
• the conduct of the audit
• non-conformity and its resolution
• reporting the audit
• the relationship between the auditor and the interviewee
Please note, this course includes catered lunch. Please notify us if you have any food allergies and we will accommodate. Thank you.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Michelle at email@example.com or 778-265-5005.
6:00pm - 9:00pm April 24, 2018
8:30am - 4:00pm February 22, 2018
9:00am - 4:00pm March 02, 2018