Marine Basic First Aid
- Dates: November 15 to November 16
- Time: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Basic two-day course offering an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the marine/fishing industry. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008. Designed for any person who wants to obtain a rating certificate, endorsement, or a Master or Chief Mate limited certification, and for those providing first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near-coastal voyage, class 2, or on a vessel on sheltered waters.
- Transport Canada certification in MBFA applied to your Candidate Document Number (CDN)
- 100% attendance, skills demonstration and 75% min on written exam
- 3 year certification in MBFA and CPR-C, equivalent to Standard First Aid & CPR-C and AED.
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Manual included
What you will learn:
- Assessment of needs of ill or injured persons and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Positioning of persons
- The unconscious person
- Resuscitation techniques (includes CPR-C)
- Control bleeding
- Management of Shock
- Burns, scalds and injuries caused by electricity
- Rescue and transportation of person
- Other topics including improvising bandages, rescue in confined spaces, infectious diseases, and personal health and hygiene
Please note, this course includes catered lunch. Please notify us if you have any food allergies and we will accomodate! Thank you.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Michelle at email@example.com or 778-265-5005.