Public Speaking and Powerful Presentations for Professionals
- Dates: January 31
- Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
This workshop has been designed for those in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. This material is also suitable for those who are relatively new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organization. Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, means being able to quickly organize your thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behavior. It applies to formal speeches as well as everyday business situations. This is aimed at improving your skills and learning some new techniques which will give you the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
You will be introduced to the 4 Ps of presentations: Prepare, Practice, Present and Playback. We will also briefly touch on effective presentation aids.
What will you learn?
- Apply quick and easy preperation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for and expect questions, even before you know what those questions will be.
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Use presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
- How to prepare powerful presentation aids.
What topics are covered?
- Getting started and planning
- Force field analysis
- Understanding your audience
- Controlling your jitters and body language
- Making your listener hear you
- Key themes and sentences
- Structuring ideas and organization methods
- Beginnings and endings
- Creating a basic plan
Please note, this course includes catered lunch. Please notify usif you have any food allergies and we will accommodate. Thank you.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-265-5005.
8:30am - 3:30pm December 20, 2017
8:30am - 4:00pm December 13, 2017
8:00am - 4:00pm December 14, 2017